As a student with a 3.8 GPA, Jovante understood the imporatnce of a good education. The Jovante Woods Foundation will continue to supposrt his passion for learning by awarding an annual scholaship to both a male and female senior athlete who exemplifies Jovante’s spirit for all life has to offer. The first two scholarships will be presented this May an the receipients will be students at Jovante’s school, Princeton High School.
- One organ donor can save up to 8 lives
- The same donor can also save or improve the lives of up to 50 people by donating tissues and corneas
- More than 110,000 people in the US are waiting for organ transplants (solid organs: Hearts, kidneys, pancreases, lungs, livers and intestines)
- On average, 18 people die everyday while waiting for organ transplants in the US
- Every 11 minutes, another name is added to the waiting list
- The success rate for an organ transplant is between 80 and 90 percent.